1.3K views

I went to a sales presentation at Villa del Arco and was led to believe I was purchasing a unit at Arco.When I went back to the sales presentation place two days later and told them of my desire to cancel, they told me I could not and that I would lose my deposit.

They also told me that I was purchasing at Arco. These were all lies it turns out and in violation of Mexican law. When I returned to the states and was contacted by UVC, they said they had nothing to do with the sales people. Strange isn't it, that they have no connection with the persons selling their products.

They refused to accept the cancellation and have now put my account into a collection agency. My credit card refunded the deposit. Do not go near this resort or UVC, it is a scam, they are crooks and could care less if they screw people over.

Spread the word.

Had an Experience with Universal Vacation Club?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #705822

I just paid mine off to avoid hurting my wife'

s credit, and grind my teeth every time I think about UVC.They are les than honest from the minute they start their sales pitch on beyond - about everything from service fees to availability.

The sales website is plush and nice, but the members sections work like a blind 15 year old designed it (no offense to blind 15 year old children). Can't reserve online even though I am paid up and current, and most of the time rooms aren't available because they sold them all to Expedia and other websites ( another example how members come in last). Last time I was at Puerto Vallarta I felt like I was in prison - they interrogated us the minute we came in about "who we talked to at the airport" (other timeshare sales people), and was ambushed on Sunday morning by two employees who jumped out of the bushes and demanded to know where we were going (my wife and I were going to breakfast).

We were suckered into a "1 hour presentation" for an upsell, and was held hostage for 6 hours with no way to get back to our room ( they bussed us to their other hotel in PV).They will promiose you the moon and the stars before you buy and treat you like a second class criminal after they have you.

This is my only experience with timeshares - but I beg anyone considering buying one - JUST SAY NO!

I would like to direct any readers of this posting to go to a website I just published www.universalvacationclubmembers.com and read to your heart's content.It is addressing many issues and concerns with the Villa Group (Developer) and the UVC.

If you are a UVC Member and would like to add your name to my UVC Member mailing list, please contact me via the “Contact Us” page on the site or send an email to jeffsuomi1@msn.com .Jeff Robbins.

We just stayed at Villa Palmar and bought in. I read the fine print on the back of the contract and notified them in writing via fax and also sent them a notorized letter reiterationg the cancellation requirements(5 days after the date of signing). Wish us luck...no mold but plenty of cockroaches at Palmar!

I too have been mislead, and the resort and UVC are not honoring all the benefits of the Gold membership program they sold.Therefore, I am filing a complaint against UVC and Villa del Palmar Flamingos with the Profeco in Mexico.

If you want to join in on the complaint, I can give you all the information to file.Hopefully, you can get your money back.

how do i get out of this? i got screwed today aw well

I agree completely. I bought at Villa Del Arco and haven't been able to stay there for three years. I did an experiment and was able to book online through several companies for the same week I was told the hotel was unavailable (by UVC). Apparently, currently only 35 percent of the hotel is open for use by time share holders. They fail to mention this during the sales pitch...If I remember correctly, the salesman told me I was virtually guaranteed a room.

They gave me a room at Villa Palmar. Let me tell you that the rooms at Palmar are not equivalent. The room I stayed in had mold on the walls. The hotel is overcrowded. I walked over to Villa Del Arco and found it to be almost deserted.

I have complained over and over, yet have recieved no apology, no upgrades, no special offers or rates on anything. They have my money and don't care.

DON'T BUY A TIMESHARE FROM UVC OR THE VILLA RESORTS. DON'T EVEN STAY THERE.

The staff at the hotels are constantly trying to sell you something.. It borders on harrassment.