Universal Vacation Club lied during the presentation and sweetened the deal with a Free Summer Week.Yes, they said entirely free, no maintenance fees.

Turns out the other name for the Free Summer Week is a Gold Week which requires a maintenance fee. They say they never heard of a Free Summer Week. Our presenter, Rebecca McCallie really scammed us. She wouldn't return any phone calls either when we were disputing the contract terms.

I filed with the FTC and the California States Attny who states they have no jurisdiction over the issue because the contract was signed in Mexico. We'll my answer is that UVC has no jurisdiction over me since I am a US citizen and the contract was signed in Mexico.

I am currently mailing the US Consulate for Mexico in order to get out of this contract.If everyone that has ever had an issue with this company does the same, we may get results.

Had an Experience with Universal Vacation Club?

Comments

Mexico City, Capital District, Venezuela #653882

¿Otra vez pagó 2 veces x Sus Vacaciones?

¿Trató de utilizar su membresía y el Club le respondió?:

“TODAVÍA NO ABRIMOS EL INVENTARIO, POR FAVOR LLAME DESPUÉS”.

Y después: “YA NO TENEMOS DISPONIBILIDAD, DEBIÓ LLAMARNOS ANTES”.

Y nuevamente reservó y pagó sus vacaciones en una Agencia de Viajes.

Si ya está harto de regalarle dinero al Club a cambio de NADA.

¡ Llámenos! Y termine *** el problema en 45 días hábiles.

+ info: 01 555 536-6997 * LADA sin costo: 01 800 558-8639 * www.hlmexico.com.mx

Well, I've had an ownerwship at Vill los Arcos for quite a while.No problems.

The airfare guarantee still exists but you need to prepay. I found a great airfare from Denver 3 years ago and contacted Travel Escapes where I paid the same price for the next 5 years and every year I congratulate myself. This year to go to Cabo cost $269 which is what I paid four years ago whereas at the airlines it was over $550 per seat.

that Gold week has no fee UNLESS you use it.

It's a summer week but it gets great exchanges through Interval although if the same location is available as a Getaway that's an even better deal.

I think some of the complainers weren't paying attention when they bought and wanted to believe whatever they wanted to believe.I just upgraded to the new points system which makes my ownership more flexible than any Marriott or Westin ownership

I would like to direct any readers of this posting to go to a website I just published www.universalvacationclubmembers.com and read to your heart's content.It is addressing many issues and concerns with the Villa Group (Developer) and the UVC.

If you are a UVC Member and would like to add your name to my UVC Member mailing list, please contact me via the “Contact Us” page on the site or send an email to jeffsuomi1@msn.com.Jeff Robbins.

Missoula, Montana, United States #33452

I don't know when you went to the presentation, but when we bought back in June 2008, UVC had an airfare guarantee of up to 5 years program through their partner Travel Escape Club.Now, UVC is not honoring the program, though we have this in writing.

UVC is trying to reneign of this benefit.

When I spoke with the sales manager at Villa Del Palmar Flamingos (my home resort), he was shocked that that benefit is not being offered.

He even told me that they had training on that program about two weeks ago, and that he's going to get to the bottom of it.I'm not sure how much I should believe, as I've not heard back.